We understand that Catholic education is huge financial investment for our families. SFA is committed to keeping tuition affordable to all families who seek a Catholic education for their students.
Catholic Education Foundation
Financial assistance is available for families who qualify based on income. SFA participates in the CEF’s New Enrollment Initiative. Qualifications for new families whose children have never attended LA Catholic school can qualify using higher income qualification (Mission 2). Other families must meet Mission 1 qualifications. To see income qualifications, click on the documents below.
Other Financial Assistance Programs
Families exceeding CEF guidelines may still apply for financial assistance. SFA has its own donors apart from CEF who make tuition affordable for all our families.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Whether qualifying for CEF or through SFA’s other financial assistance programs, all families who need assistance must complete the CEF application and verification of income.
STEP 1: Complete Financial Assistance Application
STEP 2: Gather Financial Documents
- First page of the Federal Tax Return
- If you are a married couple filing separately, you must each attach a copy of the first page of your recent Federal Tax Return
- Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Business Owners)
- Legal proof of distribution (Parents receiving child support or Alimony)
- Formal letter stating your benefit distribution for current year (Parents on disability or unemployment)
- OR Notarized Letter
STEP 3: Meet w/ Principal
- Make an appointment w/ Mr. Nunez (cnunez@stfrancisLA.com or 323-665-3601)
- Bring all documents
- Application Form
- Supporting Financial Documents
STEP 4: Sign Tuition Contract and Register on SMART
- Enrollment is not finalized until tuition contract is signed and family registers on SMART Tuition. Enrollment Fee must be paid upon registering on SMART.