During the week of March 4, we will be celebrating Literacy with fun events that honor Dr. Seuss and his classic books. Here is the schedule for the week:
- Monday, 3/4 The Cat in the Hat
- Students wear crazy/fun hats with their uniforms.
- Tuesday, 3/5 Fox in Socks
- Students wear crazy/fun socks with their uniforms.
- Wednesday, 3/6 Horton Hears a Who
- Students are encouraged to complete a random act of kindness.
- Thursday, 3/7 One Fish, Two Fish
- Students wear something red or blue.
- Friday, 3/8 Reading Fun in the Sun
- Students bring their favorite book as well as a beach towel and shades so that they can read with their buddies in the sun.
Teachers will be reading the books to their classes as well. In addition, during the month of March, we will have DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) time and have parents read their favorite books to the class. We will also challenge students to read as many books as they can. Classes will watch their reading caterpillar grow as students read more books.