Members of the St. Francis of Assisi Community are….
Life-long Scholars who:
- Think critically and problem solve
- Work collaboratively with peers
- Communicate proficiently using written and oral language
- Apply classroom learning to the world
- Seek opportunities to further their knowledge
- Utilize technology in a responsible and ethical manner
Respectful Individuals who:
- Take responsibility for their choices
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion towards others
- Persevere to overcome challenges
Faith-Filled Stewards who:
- Cultivate their living relationship with Jesus Christ
- Model Gospel values and teachings
- Serve their local and global communities
SFA is currently working with Envision Learning to implement the Portfolio Defense Model to assess student achievement of the Graduate Profile. Starting with the 2018-2019 school year, 8th graders will need to reflect and present how they have achieved the expectations set by the Graduate Profile.
Furthermore, our values stem from our Root Beliefs:
The St. Francis of Assisi School Community believes…
- Every moment counts.
- Multi-age education is an investment for life.
- All decisions we make are for the best interest of the students.
- It is our responsibility, as educators, to engage all levels of learners and meet the needs of each student.
- The process of learning is successful only if built on a strong collaboration between parents, teachers, students and school administration.
- The importance of Jesus’ “Golden Rule” is one in which all members of the SFA learning community hold precious; specifically regarding the values of empathy, compassion and respect.