Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs)
Members of the St. Francis of Assisi Community are….
Life-long Scholars who:
- Think critically and problem solve
- Work collaboratively with peers
- Communicate proficiently using written and oral language
- Apply classroom learning to the world
- Seek opportunities to further their knowledge
- Utilize technology in a responsible and ethical manner
Respectful Individuals who:
- Take responsibility for their choices
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion towards others
- Persevere to overcome challenges
Faith-Filled Stewards who:
- Cultivate their living relationship with Jesus Christ
- Model Gospel values and teachings
- Serve their local and global communities
Furthermore, our values stem from our Root Beliefs:
The St. Francis of Assisi School Community believes…
- Every moment counts.
- Multi-age education is an investment for life.
- All decisions we make are for the best interest of the students.
- It is our responsibility, as educators, to engage all levels of learners and meet the needs of each student.
- The process of learning is successful only if built on a strong collaboration between parents, teachers, students and school administration.
- The importance of Jesus’ “Golden Rule” is one in which all members of the SFA learning community hold precious; specifically regarding the values of empathy, compassion and respect.